top of page

Group

Public·46 members
Miles Ross
Miles Ross

Can I Earn Starbucks Stars When I Buy Gift Cards

My next secret (or maybe not so secret after today) tip to get Starbucks gift cards is to sign up for the Starbucks Rewards Visa Card. As I mentioned above, the way the Starbucks Rewards program normally works is that it gives you stars for purchases you make at Starbucks, stars you can later trade for free food and free coffee to power your late-night or early-morning shopping sprees. Well, with the Starbucks Rewards Visa Card you can start to earn stars for purchases you make elsewhere as well.

can i earn starbucks stars when i buy gift cards

The easiest way to earn Starbucks Rewards, i.e. free coffee, is to join the Starbucks Rewards program. When you first sign up for Starbucks Rewards, you will automatically be awarded Green Level status. Swipe your card or order through the app to earn stars. For every $1 spent you earn 2 stars. At $3.75 for your daily flat white, you will reach your first Starbucks Rewards milestone of 25 stars after just 4 orders!

Another great way to earn free Starbucks gift cards is to sign up with an online rewards portal. Take Swagbucks for example. To get free drinks at Starbucks, all you need to do is earn Swagbucks (or SBs). How do you do this? Simple really:

Cashback apps are a way for just about everyone to save money. With a cashback app like Drop, all you need to do is sign up with the app and link your credit card/s. With every $1 you spend on the card/s, you earn points. Redeem your points for a free Starbucks gift card and go get that free coffee! Your gift card balance for Starbucks never expires.

What is the fastest way to get Starbucks stars? To earn stars when you shop at Starbucks stores and elsewhere, charge it to your Starbucks Rewards Visa Card. For an annual fee of $49, you can earn Starbucks stars for purchases made just about anywhere. Also, you are eligible for 6500 bonus stars if you spend $500 in the first three months of opening your account.

Survey Junkie is one of the largest and most popular survey sites that pay cash in the USA and Canada. When you sign up to become a free member with Survey Junkie, you can take online surveys and earn Starbucks gift cards!

To get started, you can sign up for free here. You can earn points by shopping online, taking surveys, watching videos, playing games, and more. Then redeem your points for free gift cards, travel miles or cash via PayPal.

Sometimes Starbucks will offer bonus stars with qualifying purchases, which can help you earn free drinks faster. On occasion, Starbucks will offer BOGO or half-price star codes. This is a great way to save money and get free drinks.

Gift cards are an easy-to-please present for just about anyone. You might be considering picking up some gift cards as a nice surprise for friends and family or as a special treat to yourself. You might also be considering putting those purchases on a credit card to earn rewards.

Can you buy gift cards with a credit card? The short answer is yes, but. Gift card purchases are allowed to be paid for with credit cards in most circumstances, but you might not earn the rewards you expect.

The most obvious reason why you might want to buy a gift card with a credit card is to earn points or cash back on that gift card purchase. Most merchants who sell gift cards will allow you to pay for your gift card purchase with a credit card.

For example, many office supply stores sell Starbucks gift cards. If you use a credit card to purchase your Starbucks drink, you might earn 1% to 2% rewards, but if you purchase a Starbucks gift card at an office supply store you could earn 5 Chase Ultimate Rewards points per dollar by using the Ink Business Cash Credit Card to make the purchase since this card earns 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year and 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year. Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.

If you have a home improvement project planned in the future, buying a home improvement gift card when home improvement stores are a quarterly category bonus can lock in 5% cash back on those purchases.

Purchasing gift cards for anticipated future spending can be especially useful with cards offering category bonuses, but can also be used with cards like the Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express that have annual limits on bonus cash-back categories.

Many cards offer periodic promotions, such as a discount or increased cash back at specific merchants. If you have an American Express card, you no doubt have seen multiple Amex Offers presented to you when you log into your account online, but other banks like Citi and Chase offer similar promotions. If you see one of these offers for a merchant you frequent, but do not have an immediate purchase in mind, buying a gift card can be a good way to lock in one of these promotions.

So with all of these reasons to use a credit card to purchase gift cards, why would you want to not buy as many gift cards as possible? There are a few reasons to be judicious in your gift card purchases.

For starters, gift cards tie your cash to a certain merchant. When you purchase a gift card, you are converting cash, which can be used anywhere, into a credit that can only be used at a certain merchant. This means you have less flexibility in your purchasing. If you purchase gift cards speculatively, you might find yourself paying a higher price to buy something from a merchant in order to use up a gift card. In the worst case scenario, if the store associated with a gift card that you purchased goes bankrupt, you might find yourself having paid for a plastic card that is now worthless.

Finally, one of the reasons that merchants love gift cards is because they are subject to breakage. Simply, breakage represents the amount of gift cards that are purchased but never redeemed. If you purchase gift cards, make sure that you have a plan to keep track of and use them.

Price Chopper Market 32 gift cards are the perfect gift for those people you want to nurture with the goodness that is our food. It is also the perfect way to say thank you or reward your employees or colleagues. That is why we offer individual purchases or bulk purchases of our gift card.

Starbucks uses an AI to send you targeted promotional star challenges (i.e. buy x times for 100 extra stars). There are a couple of interesting plays, one basic the other works with a little management. a) Most offers are based on visits not items purchased. So when using the mobile app always split every item out to a separate purchase. Each counts. As it is mobile it adds no extra burden to the crew...

Starbucks uses an AI to send you targeted promotional star challenges (i.e. buy x times for 100 extra stars). There are a couple of interesting plays, one basic the other works with a little management.a) Most offers are based on visits not items purchased. So when using the mobile app always split every item out to a separate purchase. Each counts. As it is mobile it adds no extra burden to the crew working whereas asking to separate the purchase at the register would P them Off.b) have 2 separate cards and accounts. The targeted offers 'learn' your spend and match with harder challenges to encourage more spend from your baseline. Ignore one card for around 2-3 months and it resets and you get super easy offers for bonus stars on spend you would do anyway. Then switch and start ignoring the first card. Switch off every couple of months.

Funny, Lucky I was thinking about you doing this article about a month ago and was sorta doing the math when I got up to 500+ stars. Especially since they've penetrated just about every train station (WAS_Union has two), airport and street corner of major cities. The availability to preorder is a great advantage

@Alan likely you can't. I remember emailing Starbucks CS about not being able to redeem or earn US stars in Japan. They said that the star system was localized to your country, or maybe just Japan didn't participate in the star system. Interesting about the US/Canada discussion above. Give it a try anyway!

I wonder if you can redeem UK stars in the USA? I know the gift cards work OKOur scheme only offers 150 stars for a free drink, so much pricier than yours. On the upside they don't expire for 2 years, which is just as well given how infrequently I visit Starbucks!

this is absolutely not true. they do tell you when the stars will expire, but they absolutely expire. i had large piles of stars expire during the pandemic, and i complained to customer service and they reinstated them, but i am not sure they'd do this consistently ...

Promos give bonus stars almost every week, I always register for them. I can finish the ones which are "earn X stars by making Y purchases over these days" easily with my daily purchases. Others depend on the number of stars I get for the purchases. I generally don't buy other stuff unless I'm getting 6+ stars per dollar total though that can change depending on what my day will be like, and what they want me to buy.

I save up my stars. Before the pandemic I'd occasionally get treats for my team using stars but they are all WFH now. I also use them when traveling, both at airports and when driving...Starbucks is (nearly) everywhere and has consistent offerings. At one point I had just over 4,000, and used them all within a two-week span.

In additional to the regular targeted promo awards that show up in the app, also keep an eye out for their seasonal contests. There will be an alternate method of entry in most of them that get you two plays per day for only a few seconds of finding the AMOE link and letting the form fill in with autocomplete. Last spring's contest happened when a lot of stores were either closed or had few customers because of the pandemic and I think i ended with about 500 stars from daily AMOE plays. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page