top of page

Group

Public·27 members
Matthew Lowe
Matthew Lowe

Numerical Techniques In Electromagnetics With Matlab EXCLUSIVE

The electromagnetic (EM) characteristics of hot-wire detonators are determined in order to quantify more precisely their response to EM illumination. The analyses include a comprehensive study of detonators physical characteristics, which is then used to model detonators using transmission line theory. The theoretical analysis treats the detonator as a cascaded transmission line incorporating several different dielectrics, and examines both differential and common mode excitation for a generic detonator model. This 1-D analytical model is implemented in MatLAB and used to determine the input impedance of the detonator for a frequency range spanning DC to 9 GHz. This program can then quickly investigate similar hot-wire detonators by varying their parameters. The generic model of the detonator is also simulated using ICEPIC, a 3-D finite-difference-time-domain (FDTD) full wave numerical EM solver. The ICEPIC simulations are performed at several frequencies for both differential and common mode excitations, and are used to determine EM properties of the detonator. The results of these simulations are compared with the analytical predictions. Both the analytical and numerical techniques are then used to improve the MatLAB program's ability to accurately predict the detonator's EM characteristics. This is accomplished by including additional elements in the 1-D model accounting for detonator properties revealed in the 3-D EM simulation results. Finally, the analytical model is used to predict the input impedance for state-of-the-art blasting cap. These predictions are then compared with data from experimental measurements performed on 108 live devices.'

numerical techniques in electromagnetics with matlab

I joined The MathWorks in the Technical Support department during the summer of 2001 and transferred into the Quality Engineering department in March of 2004. I now work qualifying the core MATLAB numerical functions (PLUS, MINUS, LU, FFT, ODE45, etc.)Professional Interests: mathematics, MATLABFor assistance with MATLAB question please post to MATLAB Answers or contact Technical Support using the Contact Us link in the upper-right corner of the page instead of contacting me directly.

I am a Software Developer on the Simulink Engine team at MathWorks. I have also worked in our Technical Support Department in the past, with a specialization in our code-generation products.DISCLAIMER: Any advice or opinions posted here are my own, and in no way reflect that of MathWorks.**IMPORTANT NOTE**: Please be considerate and avoid sending personal messages to contributors on this forum. All users participate voluntarily, and in their spare time. It is forum etiquette to first search for a solution to your problem on the forum to see if it has been answered before. If you do not find a solution, formulate your problem well and post it as a question on the forum. Be patient and allow time for it to be answered. There are some great tips in these discussions: -how-do-i-write-a-good-question-for-matlab-answers -how-to-get-answers-for-my-unanswered-questionsProfessional

Electromagnetic Pulse Simulations Using Finite-Difference Time-Domain MethodDiscover the utility of the FDTD approach to solving electromagnetic problems with this powerful new resourceElectromagnetic Pulse Simulations Using Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method delivers a comprehensive overview of the generation and propagation of ultra-wideband electromagnetic pulses. The book provides a broad cross-section of studies of electromagnetic waves and their propagation in free space, dielectric media, complex media, and within guiding structures, like waveguide lines, transmission lines, and antennae.The distinguished author offers readers a fresh new approach for analyzing electromagnetic modes for pulsed electromagnetic systems designed to improve the reader's understanding of the electromagnetic modes responsible for radiating far-fields. The book also provides a wide variety of computer programs, data analysis techniques, and visualization tools with state-of-the-art packages in MATLAB(r) and Octave.Following an introduction and clarification of basic electromagnetics and the frequency and time domain approach, the book delivers explanations of different numerical methods frequently used in computational electromagnetics and the necessity for the time domain treatment. In addition to a discussion of the Finite-difference Time-domain (FDTD) approach, readers will also enjoy:* A thorough introduction to electromagnetic pulses (EMPs) and basic electromagnetics, including common applications of electromagnetics and EMP coupling and its effects* An exploration of time and frequency domain analysis in electromagnetics, including Maxwell's equations and their practical implications* A discussion of electromagnetic waves and propagation, including waves in free space, dielectric mediums, complex mediums, and guiding structures* A treatment of computational electromagnetics, including an explanation of why we need modeling and simulationsPerfect for undergraduate and graduate students taking courses in physics and electrical and electronic engineering, Electromagnetic Pulse Simulations Using Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method will also earn a place in the libraries of scientists and engineers working in electromagnetic research, RF and microwave design, and electromagnetic interference.

Skills in programming will be taught using a scripting language and assessed via a range of numerical computation exercises. The student will develop skills in problem solving within an engineering context. A number of real world problems and case studies provide the basis for meeting this objective. Advanced numerical techniques and programming skills for the handling of non-linearity, where it is impossible to solve problems analytically through the usage of algebra and calculus, will be learnt.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page